Become a part of the innovative AUTHORS team that is forging new opportunities in publishing. If your skills and career ambitions match one of the following positions, please contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to have a part in discovering next year’s big book, movie or television show? AUTHORS Inc. is looking for an exceptional data scientist to work closely with our product team to develop and implement algorithms that impact the decision-making processes for the entertainment industries.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic group of creative and passionate individuals destined to change the face of the entertainment industry. We are a lean startup team combining the disciplines of data science and media expertise in the tech-savvy community of Austin, Texas.
You will be responsible for building, measuring and optimizing the quality of AUTHORS’ algorithms. We are focused on high-impact projects utilizing big data analytics and machine learning to improve content discovery, evaluation and predictive outcomes. The team works in quick iterations, using the techniques and algorithms best suited for solving the challenging problems of publishing and other creative industries.
If you enjoy peering into the future and shaping its outcome, then you’re just who we’re looking for. (Preference given to Austin-based candidates)
- Provide insight into leading analytic practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of our core deliverables
- Work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas
- Bachelor’s Degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics or a related quantitative discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience delivering world-class data science outcomes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in language-based algorithms and core platform technologies required for NLP
- Intermediate experience in the use of statistical analysis environments
- Familiarity with SQL, PostgreSQL, Python
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Keen desire to solve business problems, and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data
- Desire a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative engineering environment
- Excel at making complex concepts simple and easy to understand by those around you
- Driven to show the world the power of applied analytics
AUTHORS.me is an Austin-based startup, with an office in NYC. We are a smarter, faster, easier, friendlier method of managing submissions for writers, agents, and publishers. Our platform increases the agents’ and publishers’ efficiency and collaboration, making it easier to discover manuscripts that match their criteria. Writers benefit from the service that promotes both their work and themselves professionally.
We are seeking a full-time, Austin-based Software Developer. This position will report to CTO in Austin and will also work closely with the rest of the team in Austin and NY.
Familiarity with Python, Flask, and SQLAlchemy is a bonus. Interest in machine learning, startups, and/or publishing also a bonus.
If you are interested please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com.